Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Are you overpaying for auto insurance?


This is one that a lot of people simply oversee. They are paying way too much for auto insurance. We have all seen the Geico commercials, and are probably sick of them by now, but switching to them saved me $543.20 per year.


Better in my pocket than that of some insurance agent with gold chains and a pinky ring.


Ever since I got my license at age 16, I was buying insurance through Allstate. My parents bought all their insurance there, and introduced me to their agent. I would notice that the agent drove shiney Cadillacs, and was dressed nicely every time I went to drop off my hard earned payment.


So, after seeing a Geico commercial for the millionth time, I finally decided to get a quote online.


I could not beleive my eyes. The same coverage for $543.20 less per year.


Give it a shot.. I have been telling some of my friends. Some of them with younger drivers actually found Geico to be a few more dollars than their current policy.


But for me, i'm 25, single, with a great drivers record, its dirt cheap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you compared with ameriprise.com? They used to be under American Express. I was shopping for car insurance every 6 months and always got a better deal until I ran to Ameriprise. I am unable to find a better deal and now I even have a home insurance through them which caused my auto to go down.